SkyPortal is a web application that interactively displays astronomical datasets for annotation, analysis, and discovery. It is designed to be modular and extensible, so it can be customized for various scientific use-cases.
The base version of SkyPortal was designed with the Zwicky Transient Facility, and eventually LSST, in mind.
For more information about installation, configuration, and development, please refer to the documentation.
SkyPortal builds on top of baselayer, a scientific web application platform developed by the same team.
- BSD license
- Extendible & scalable design: a Tornado/Python backend with React & Redux frontend
- API for machine usage
- Fine-grained access control
- Authentication via Google
- Real-time Slack-like messaging
- Visualization using Bokeh
- Distributed computation via Dask
If you find this software useful, please cite our paper: