SkyPortal is a web application that interactively displays astronomical datasets for annotation, analysis, and discovery. It is designed to be modular and extensible, so it can be customized for various scientific use-cases.
For more information about installation, configuration, and development, please refer to the documentation.
SkyPortal builds on top of baselayer, a scientific web application platform developed by the same team.
- BSD license
- Extendible & scalable design: a Tornado/Python backend with React & Redux frontend
- API for machine usage
- Fine-grained access control
- Authentication via Google
- Real-time Slack-like messaging
- Visualization using Bokeh
- Distributed computation via Dask
If you find this software useful, please cite our paper: